Ecuador: Achuar Cultural Immersion with Medical/Vision Clinic Opportunities
- Jul 17 2019 - Jul 25 2019
- Come to the Rainforest
LENGTH: 9 Days
PLACE: Ecuadorian Rainforest
INDIGENOUS PEOPLE: TBD
PURPOSE: To provide much needed medical and vision clinics to the indigenous people who live deep in the rainforest.
PARTICIPANTS DO NOT HAVE TO MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS TO PARTICIPATE! THERE IS PLENTY TO DO TO SUPPORT THE CLINICS.
Join us for this unique cultural immersion experience, during which medical and vision clinic opportunities will be incorporated, you will experience and participate in all aspects of indigenous village life and cultural traditions and activities. During the trip we will discuss the effect of being dependent on others for our day to day needs and how this can apply to the way we think and do missions.
COST: $1500 plus round trip airfare from St. Louis, Missouri to Quito, Ecuador. $1500 fee covers all expenses while in Ecuador and includes: meals, lodging, transportation and all activities. Cost does not cover required background check, passport or required vaccinations.
LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
Stories Tell your story
|Non-Refundable Security Deposit||$500.00||10/28/2019|
- Participants are required to pass a background check, have a current passport and receive the required vaccinations for travel to Ecuador.
- Participants will be participating in the day to day life of the indigenous we visit, will participate in medical and vision clinics and will participate in the villages' cultural activities. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in Christian activites with the Christians in the community.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older, in good heath, able to walk briskly on uneven ground for 25 minutes, and be a Christian.
- Participants need to raise the following fees: $1500 trip fee, roundtrip airfare from St. Louis to Quito, Ecuador, background check cost, current passport cost and cost of required vaccinations.